Enjoy Bengali delicacies at Kopai Restaurant: When in Kolkata #SuperBloggerChallenge #InstaCuppa

Kolkata’s newest Bengali restaurant serves you a great deal of food items to binge on, and make your day, a fantastic one. Kopai is easy to locate as it is situated, just opposite to the Sarat Bose Post Office in Southern Avenue. The interiors are done beautifully with quotes of eminent personalities and splendid lighting.

Interiors

Mocha or (in English, Banana Flower) is a large, dark purple-red blossom that grows from the end of a bunch of bananas. Banana flowers are considered as rich source of vitamins and minerals. These delectable kebabs give us a hint of a judicious mixture of cumin seeds, cloves, black peppercorns, cinnamon, coriander seeds, ajwain, red chilli, chilli flakes and soaked chana dal.

Doi Gondhoraj lebur Shorbot and Mochar Shammi kebab (left and right respectively)

Our beverage arrived as an interesting mashup of aromatic lime and curd. Doi Gondhoraj lebur sharbat is just so refreshing. I loved every sip of it with a bite of mochar kebab. Would love to recommend it to everyone.

Koraaishutir kochuri or Green peas Hing Kochuri is blissful in winter afternoons. The fried beauties have a mild and sweet stuffing of green peas. They are more like stuffed pooris and not the flaky ones which you get to see in the case of luchis. I paired it up with Cholar daaler maangsho.  Bengal gram lentil soup with bits of chicken breast is a ritual when it comes to pair it up with leavened bread.

Koraaishutir Kochuri, Chholar daaler maangsho, Steamed rice, Chaapor ghonto and Pathar Bangla (clockwise)

Steamed rice was welcomed with Chaapor Ghonto and Pathar Bangla. Chaapor Ghonto is a mixture of vegetables which elevates itself into a different level by adding lentil patties. What’s the reason in keeping this name ‘Chapor’? The lentil patties added in this dish are generally irregular in shape and pressed with hand while frying in a shallow manner. These lentil patties are patted and pressed with fingers while making the dish, so the name Chapor Ghonto is kept. A wide variety of vegetables, like pumpkin, gourd, aubergine, potato, pointed gourd, taro roots can be added in this dish. The lentil used in this dish is split yellow peas and Matar dal. To bring the signature taste of Bengali cuisine, mustard oil and grated coconut MUST be on the list.

Chaapor Ghonto

Pathar Bangla is what we generally refer, “Bengali style Mutton Curry”. Kochi Pathar Jhol is the desi name and the reason, why the name is so quirky, would rely on a simple logic: The smaller the pieces of goat, the tastier is the gravy. Bengalis prefer to have mutton curry with rice on a Sunday afternoon with steamed rice over discussions regarding football, politics, etc. Sums up the dinner table scenes at your residence? I bet, yes! Pranhara is an authentic Bengali dessert, which is preferably prepared with fresh cottage cheese, mawa, cream and jaggery with a flavour of date palm.

Pranhara

Visit Kopai to indulge yourselves in the most authentic and traditional Bengali cuisines and I am pretty much sure, you won’t be let down.

Thanks for reading. Please let me know your feedback . Thank you for supporting me as always and stay tuned for my next blog-post.

Follow me on the below-mentioned social media platforms to stay updated with an amazing journey of my life:

Note: This article is written as a part of SuperBloggerChallenge conducted by Healthwealthbridge.com, Allaboutthewoman.com and should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. SuperBloggerChallenge is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.”

28 Comments Add yours

1. When in Kolkata will visit this place ❣️

2. Dish made out of banana flower is superb I have enjoyed it every time .Guess place is a good foodie hangout.

3. The food looks YUMMM!!! I love ROSHOGULLA ehrn it come to Kolkatta #superbloggerchallenge

4. I have Kolkata in my travel list and added this place. Thank you for sharing.

5. Richa MIna says:

the mouthwatering description of food made me crave for something good… great post pinning the place for visit

6. This restaurant looks awesome and food look tempting. Will surely visit this place if i ever visit kolkata

7. Anurag Singh says:

I am literally craving now

food posts are awesome

8. anupriya says:

I know oh Calcutta and 6 Ballygunje place as the goto places for authentic bengali food. But this place sounds good too.

9. I love Bengali cuisine and being a bong myself I am aware of most of the famous dishes. However the cuisines of this restaurant are quite unique and exotic, will visit when I am in Kolkata next time.

10. Neha Tambe says:

Your post enlightened me about the bengali cuisine. This restaurant sounds like a great place.

11. akanksha says:

Everything looks so delicious and mouthwatering. I have not been to any authentic Bengali restaurant yet. Is Panhara similar to Rasogulla? It looks quite like big Rasgulla that is also made of cheese and is dipped in sugar syrup.

12. Sounds like a great place to visit. Never been to Kolkata. But will make a beeline to this place when I do visit.

13. Those food pics are too very tempting, especially when you’re on diet.

14. Judy says:

This place looks to be a must visit restaurant when in kolkata. The dahi gondhraj sharbat and the dessert made me crave for them.

15. The dishes make me feel nostalgic and hungry too. Will definitely gonna visit this place whenever i will be in kolkata next..

16. Sydney says:

The delicacies do look amazing. And I am sure to visit this place when I visit Kolkata. That should be soon.

17. Mrinal Kiran says:

Bengali food is love! I love koraishutir kochuri! This place looks great for a family brunch!

18. Anita says:

Kopai is right next door to my home and now I have to visit. Looking forward to the non veg delicacies.

19. Khushboo says:

Wow food looks yummy and delicious. I love Bengali food too. I would visit there sometime.

20. Bushra says:

So many Bengali delicacies. Chapor Ghonto cooking method sounds intriguing. The dessert Pranhara an authentic Bengali dessert, made from cottage cheese sound delicious

21. Pri says:

A delicious post indeed!
    There is something about Bengali food that you feel half full on hearing the names of the dishes alone. The language is itself a mouthful, a quality I find utterly cute! 🙂

22. Ritu Kalra says:

Though we are Punjabi’s but Bengali dishes always leave me craving for more..specially the non veg and sweets..I just love them

1. Rituka Bisht says:

Wow the food looks delicious authentic Bengali food and love the desert it looks same thing and I really like the interior of the restaurant the way they have presented view is amazing.

23. I have been to Kolkatta but never got a chance to try these delicacies. They look so yumm and worth trying

24. Manas Mukul says:

NIce post. I am definitely trying these dishes the next time I am in Kolkata. Keep the good work going.
    #ContemplationOfaJoker #Jokerophilia

25. Prerna Wahi says:

Lovely mouth watering delicacies from Bengal. Love your write up and will surely check out this place!

26. Wow !! Next time when I’ll visit Kolkata I’ll surely taste food from here. Seems so good.

27. MeenalSonal says:

I love Bengali food. The best thing is the variations of taste in the dishes and the surprise factor in them.

Cheers