We have often witnessed hatred among several religions. It is immensely sad, that such differences still exist during a global pandemic. But there’s one thing that binds us together: Food. Food has no religion in itself. Irrespective of its history and origin, food ranks on the top of “What’s in my mind?”. I have shared a few recipes with you all during the lockdown and will continue to do so. Make your quarantine period a little more productive with these chicken recipes. I am in a mood to add a zing to my brunch table because the day seems gloomy. Today’s blog post enunciates a step by step recipe of whole chicken curry. Korean Tongdak has been a household name during the 70s. Why not give it an Indian touch! Let’s read and drool and vice versa.
Cuisine: Pretty much Indian with a Korean descent
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving: 3 hungry people (Read it as three foodies who brunches with joy )
Ingredients required for a whole chicken curry recipe
- Whole Chicken pieces (according to the number of people)
- Ginger garlic paste
- Hung curd (to marinate)
- Red chillies
- Green chillies
- Freshly cut tomatoes
- Coriander powder
- Turmeric powder
- Kashmiri red chilli powder
Whole chicken curry recipe- Step by step
1.Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt, hung curd and lemon. Remember that, each and every inch of the chicken should be marinated properly and kept in a cool place, overnight. Quite a herculean task, but trust me it would result in fruitful results.
2. The game of sautéing and stirring takes over the world after you add onions, green chillies and red chillies.
3. Ginger garlic paste is that essential ingredient that never fails to enhance the flavour of the dish. You are ought to stir the mixture again.
4. Add freshly cut tomatoes and salt (according to taste) and let your belly go merry-go-round and stir the mixture.
The accelerator is here
5. The two showstoppers are ready to make their gracious presence happen. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome turmeric powder, coriander powder and Kashmiri Red Chilli powder to the mixture. Stirring for a few minutes would serve the purpose of a brilliant portfolio (the meal, ahem…).
6. Add some sugar to an end and ensure that the other end of seesaw does not rise.
7. Stir until the ingredients blend properly.
The thrill.. excitement… enthusiasm
7. Add the whole chicken pieces into the pan of colourful ingredients. The sound of culinary magic exhibits immense thrill and enthusiasm. One needs to feel the vibe.
8. Cover the preparation with a lid and let it simmer for ten to twenty minutes.
9. In between, you are ought to distract the couples from mating with each other under the lid. No, you should not visit your nearby cruising spot. That’s not what I meant (or maybe I actually did). Here, you have to turn the chicken pieces upside down to ensure both the sides are being cooked properly.
10. Serve your whole chicken curry with Roomali Roti or jasmine rice.
EVER IMAGINED ABOUT CHICKEN REZALA IN YOUR DREAM. MAKE IT COME TRUE BY CLICKING HERE.
Thanks for reading. If you like this recipe, please feel free to share with your friends. I will be glad to know if your search keyword is “Whole Chicken Curry Recipe” lands you here. Trying this at home? You can tag me on Instagram at foodicted.fellow to show gratitude. Subscribe my blog for more updates.
Join the top influencers squad here for being productive and creative at the very same time.
Disclaimer: “Tailor your life with Aritro (www.stylingupmylife.com)” is not liable for the outcome of this very recipe you try from my blog. An individual may not obtain desired results due to dynamic elements such as cooking temperatures, human errors, the quantity of certain ingredients, omissions, or individual cooking skills.