Tea connoisseurs prefer green tea over other types of teas. Who agrees with it? I know, you all are feeling quite numb. Believe me, if you have ever appreciated the taste of green tea, you are a real chaivinist. Amongst black tea, oolong tea, chamomile tea, Kashmiri Kahwa, how did Green tea trend so much in this very year? Now, that’s the most astonishing part, right? Appreciation comes from proper knowledge and further, knowledge comes from adequate interest and practice. Green tea can’t be appreciated by all, but who does, surely knows its bullets of benefits. Lets get to know about Green tea in detail including unknown facts about green tea.
History of Green Tea: Where it all started
China deserves a huge round of applause and a warm hug for bringing Green tea into existence. Yes, you heard it right! The Emperor of Shennong (who is a popular personality in the field of mythology of Chinese agriculture and medicine) took rest somewhere during one of his anticipated trips. He was engrossed in sipping a cup of hot water when, suddenly few tea leaves fell into the cup from a burning twig which laid nearby. “Oh my my! It is so refreshing and I am really eager to try another one”, exclaimed the emperor with utmost joy. Thus, Green tea came into existence with this unsung event.
Consumption of tea became a ritual in China and “Tea ceremonies” often used to take place around 5th century. The process of steaming banished the darkening of tea leaves which in turn, gave the “natural” look of the tea leaves. After ages, Japanese dynasties introduced the process of infusing whole tea leaves in hot water to fix the “green” trait which gave birth to “Sencha Green Tea”.
Unknown facts about Green tea
- Green tea heals the surface epithelium of the skin, that overlies the dermis., hence it is good for the skin.
- Did you know, green tea contains amino acid, L-Theanine? How does it help? It relaxes our nervous system and consequently, helps us to take rest after a tiring day.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women must avoid too much consumption of green tea due to presence of caffeine.
- A considerable amount of control has been noticed by Medical News Today, in bleeding and wounds by the consumption of green tea. Magical enough?
- Consumption of green tea decreases the level of cholesterol is a “Wow” factor for my dad.
- Did you know, you can take green tea in capsule form? I guess, not.
- Once I felt itchy on my skin and my mom sprinkled some green tea leaves on it and voila! It is all gone.
Benefits of Green Tea
- Green tea contains antioxidants like Catechins, which reduce the formation of free radicals in the body. It protects cells from getting damaged.
- Green tea contains stimulant and amino acids which improves the brain cells and decreases anxiety.
- Okay! So tell me who consumes green tea for loosing extra fat? Come on! Everybody loves green tea for the same reason. Various study have shown results that, green tea helps in burning out extra fat and increases metabolism.
- Green tea is the “Dhanvantari” for healing prostate cancer, colorectal cancer and breast cancer.
- Catechins in green tea improves dental health by killing bacteria.
- Okay! This one is helpful for my dad. Dad! Are you listening? Green tea lowers diabetic level. How cool is that?
Buy your InstaCuppa Vacuum Insulated Tea Travel Mug to treat yourself in a special manner because why not? Every soul deserves a certain amount of happiness. Enjoy your sip of green tea with InstaCuppa. Here’s the mighty link to get your product right at your doorstep:
Thanks for reading. Please let me know your feedback . Thank you for supporting me as always and stay tuned for my next blog-post.
Note: This article is written as a part of SuperBloggerChallenge conducted by Healthwealthbridge.com, Allaboutthewoman.com and should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. SuperBloggerChallenge is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.”